The Flow Of Flooring In Your Home
At Flooring Superstore Regina, we understand thatthe decision to replace all the flooring in your home, can be a bit overwhelming. Hardwood, carpet, tile, stone, laminate, LVP & concrete… What type of flooring should you invest in? Should you use a variety of flooring materials, or just one? Here are some things to think about, before making your decision.
Ideally, it’s good to have a seamless flow from room-to-room, and having the same flooring throughout the common areas of your home provides that flow.
- Consider Form AND Function ~ When selecting anything for your living space, from flooring to furniture, consider how you need that product to function for your lifestyle and needs. It’s important to get the look you want, but even more important that it functions the way you need it to. Children, pets and lifestyle all figure in to the decision makeing process.
- Maximum of Three ~ 3 is the magic number when it comes to different flooring materials to have in your home. While standing in any one place in your home, it’s best to not see more than three different flooring materials within your view. anymore than that and generally it is way too busy. Rule of thumb is to understand that whatever you choose, try and keep your flooring materials cohesive.
- Go For the Flow ~ Think of your floors as the “backdrop” of your home. Ideally, it’s good to have a seamless flow from room-to-room, and having the same flooring throughout the common areas of your home provides that flow. Common areas would be your main living areas, such as the living room, family room, dining room and hallway. And, if you can include the kitchen, that much better!You can use area rugs to add pops of colour and personality ( we have a great selection in store) , which would give the definition of spaces in open plan living.
- How to Break it Up ~ If you do want to change flooring from room-to-room, the bedrooms and bathrooms are the best choices for mixing things up. If you like the feel of soft carpeting underfoot when you step out of bed in the morning, then, by all means, put wall-to-wall carpeting in your bedroom! Tile in the bathrooms? Or course! This makes perfect sense, and these are natural areas to break the flow from the common areas.
We can make your hardwood flooring dreams come true…come and see our team today!
Products we offer.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile / Plank