What options are there for sunroom flooring?
Trent and our Trusted team at Regina’s Flooring Superstores have established a strong and loyal customer base through our commitment to excellent customer service. By being part of the powerful buying group that is the Flooring Superstores chain, we are also able to provide quality Regina flooring at unbeatable prices. In our latest flooring article we share sunroom flooring options
Sunroom & Screen Room Flooring For a Perfect Oasis
When it comes to installing or refurbishing sunroom flooring, you have a handful of options. Not all sunroom installations will include an option for flooring, so you’ll need to consult a contractor for your flooring needs. If you’re converting a spare room, deck, or porch into a sunroom know that sunrooms are a whole different animal from the rest of your home. Because they are exposed to the elements, albeit gently, as well as to traffic coming from outside, sunroom floors need to be sturdy and fade- and moisture-resistant. Picking out a sunroom flooring type can be challenging, especially if you want to use the room year-round. Floors here need to keep from overheating and burning bare feet when the sun is beating down hard, but they should also absorb some sunlight to warm the room come wintertime.
As with most things, each type of flooring has its advantages and its drawbacks. It’s all about picking the material that will work best for your needs.
If your sunroom also doubles as a playroom for your children, then carpet might be a good choice. Low-pile is typically best, as it will be easier to clean in a room as busy as this one. Additionally, carpet offers a wide range of colors and patterns, making it easy to coordinate with your home.
Tile is without a doubt one of the most popular choices for sunroom flooring. Between ceramic, slate, or natural stone, different tiles can completely change the look of this space. It’s durable, easy to clean and can easily be matched with any existing furniture. As an added bonus, it can help keep the temperature in a sunroom comfortable during the warmer months.
Another classic choice for a sunroom is hardwood flooring. With a wide range of choices between species and stains, wood flooring provides warmth underfoot and the home-style look many homeowners seek.
Flooring Tips to Keep in Mind
- Three season rooms generally aren’t insulated, so choose flooring that will help keep the space warm during the winter months as long as possible.
- Flooring in screen room additions should be durable and be able to withstand the elements since they are exposed to the elements all year round.
- If you install carpet in your sunroom, stick to a thinner pile and make sure your windows have proper UV protection.
- Treat wood flooring with an oil-based stain to prevent sun damage. Many home improvement stores have wide selections of these stains
- Regardless of the option you choose, make sure to clean and maintain your flooring regularly to extend its life and maintain its appearance.
We can make your hardwood flooring dreams come true…come and see our team today!
Products we offer.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile / Plank